Tuesday, January 6, 2015

A very Merry Christmas

Happy New Year to all! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, I know we sure did! This was the first year in MANY years we've been able to see and spend time with each of my 4 siblings and their families. Family means so much to me, it was great to catch up and enjoy time with everyone. We stayed busy with traveling to my parents house multiple times around Christmas to be able to celebrate with everyone, but it was worth it. 

Above: My parents with my 2 brothers, Ted & Billy 
Above: My nephew Mason opening a "chain of money" 

Above: Pappy & Corbin enjoying time opening gifts


We celebrated Christmas with my Mom & Dad In-Law on Christmas Eve. We enjoyed getting to spend time with them and loved all of the gifts, Corbin had a great time!
Above: PawPaw getting help from Corbin with his gifts. 

Below: Corbin and Mommy excited about Corbin's new backpack for daycare!
Below: Corbin being a mess :) 
Grammie showing off the art work that Corbin made for them!
Typical Corbin :) 
Corbin with his Grammie & PawPaw!


Christmas Day! Oh I love Christmas and traditions. We began our own this year since little man was a little older and a little more "into" Christmas...(I mean, just a little...) 

He woke up to his new basketball goal & ball...he was a bit more excited about the ball than the basket, but rest assured, Daddy showed him the way! 

Stocking stuffers are one of my favorites. I figure, who DOESN'T like to find goodies first thing in the morning!? We set a price limit on everything for Christmas so we don't go overboard, and to keep in reasonable! 

This year we went with $20. I thought I did good. I got an awesome deal for $10 for a bit set Travis wanted, some of his favorite candies, and some scratch off tickets! 

He however...went over budget! He had a lifesaver storybook in there (he knows it means a lot to me because that is one thing that has been in my stocking ever since I was a young child!), some reeses, and a gift box with a note. It led me on a scavenger hunt throughout the house! How fun! (NOT! I dislike the anticipation! haha! BUT I played along) 

The first one led me to Corbin's room in his "zoo", it was a wrapped gift with another note, so I followed it to the next place which was in Corbin's bathroom...another gift, another note. Then on to our shower...another gift, and ANOTHER note. Then to my office...a final gift! So I gathered up all of my gifts and opened them in order. 

1. DVD "What happens in Vegas" 
2. DVD "Bridesmaids" 
3. Beautiful cross with a pink flower in the middle
4. See picture below!


As you can see...that's slightly over budget, but one of the most thoughtful and planned out surprises since our engagement I'd say! He's gotten me a watch before...and the battery died, so I got it replaced...then it died AGAIN. So I quit wearing it. With working in healthcare I always could "use" a watch, but rely on my phone for time usually. This watch is powered by daylight. So no battery to replace...and it's pink, and it's perfect. We had seen it at Kay when getting my rings inspected earlier in the year, but knowing our price range-and budget...I didn't even think to ask for this. He's the best. 

We proceeded to open gifts. Corbin just wasn't very interested so we tore into our loot. Travis got a new Wii U game "Donkey Kong", a new electric shaver, some new under-roos, and Costa Del Mar Sunglasses. 

I picked out his sunglasses a few weeks prior, not thinking we'd have time together to go look before Christmas. Then we had a day (the Friday before Christmas) and we went looking, the ones I had picked out and bought...didn't fit him! OH no I thought. I felt awful but I didn't say anything while we were at Academy. When we got home I gave in, told him and let him have them early. Sure enough, didn't fit :( We went to go exchange them before Christmas but the line was INSANE. So he still needs to get out there and get his sunglasses exchanged, they are LONG over due since he's had his Oakleys going on 8 yrs and they are scratched and scuffed! 

I received of course my pretty watch, a very nice James Avery charm bracelet with a dog print charm for remembering our Pudge by, 3 pc set of stainless steel mixing bowls (They have pink rubber non-slip on the bottom...AWESOME!) Very wonderful & great Christmas!

Above; Corbin FINALLY got into his gifts. We are "bad parents" and gave him 3 of these V-Tech play sets, what he doesn't know is 2 of them are getting re-wrapped for Birthday gifts in October! He received so many toys just a few months ago for his Birthday, and then Christmas...we're good. haha.



Later Christmas day we went to Port Lavaca to have Christmas with my parents.

Above & Below: My mom is addicted to these Butterscotch candies. My Aunt Sue & I must think alike! We both gave her boxed FILLED with bags of them!!! 



Christmas Eve Day we celebrated with my sister Amy, her husband Tommy, nephews T, Timothy & Joey & his wife Amy & their son Rholand! Great times were had!

Above: Amy was excited about her GreenBay earrings!


The week after Christmas my sister Tab her husband Danny, and 3 nieces & 1 nephew came down from Waco area!
Above: Corbin having more fun opening gifts with Mimmie!

My brother in-law Danny & brother Billy, showing him the M&M jar with $$ in it we gave him! (Thank you Pinterest!) 

 Above: Everyone liking their gifts! Hannah with scrapbooking stuff, Dillan with a remote control and Corbin with SO many goodies!
 Above: Sneaking a candy cane off the tree....tisk tisk...
Above: My sister Tab & I !

 Above: My dad with 2 of his 3 girls, just missing Amy!
3/5 of their kiddos. The ONLY one I forgot to get a picture like this with was Amy!!! At least she lives close enough...we can have a make-up-photo!
Mimmie & Pappy with 5 of their grandkids! 




And then of course you know we wrote thank you notes for all of the lovely items we received. It's not about the gifts, it's about family at the end of the day. The fact that we all wake up each day is a gift from God we can never repay. Always be thankful for everyone in your life. Don't hold grudges so long that it's too late to make peace, life's too short to hold onto hostility and anger towards each other. For those who did go out of their way and thought of us on this holiday, we hand wrote thank you notes, something Corbin will be taught to do to show appreciation for someone taking time to think of him. In those notes we included a little special picture of our little Santa who's all finished with Christmas for this year, time is flying for us with this little man growing up so fast...Merry Christmas to all & a Happy New Year 2015! 
Above: Corbin 14 months old :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment