Saturday, January 31, 2015

Eatin' Healthy & Getting Fit

This is honestly the LAST thing I thought I'd ever write a blog about. Meal Prep!? REALLY!? Who has time for that??? Well, WE made time! And WE are seeing results already and feeling great. January I decided to set a "goal" of eating better and losing some weight. We discussed some options for us, weight watchers...counting calories....portion control...how about a mixture?

Not a set plan, but what we did was chose 2 meals for the week (for lunch prep only, dinners were different) and we spent Sunday evening prepping. Grilled chicken, sweet potatoes for me, red potatoes for the hubby, steamed green beans, steamed squash & zuccini. Weighed & Measured it out, and wa-lah! Lunches for both of us for a couple of days, and dinner Sunday evening.

Monday evening I made turkey meatloaf but in a mini muffin tin! They were EXCELLENT! I'm not sure how "healthy" it is, I used my old faithful meatloaf recipe and went light on the breadcrumbs and used turkey meat.
1lb ground turkey
few dashes of Worcestershire sauce
few dashes of hot sauce
few dashes of ketchup
italian bread crumbs to thicken
1 egg
(Sorry, no pictures of these, I forgot!)

So we each had 3 meals of chicken w/ veggies & a starch, and the other 2 days I had a serving of turkey meatloaf & a salad with boiled egg & easy on the dressing.  



We usually eat dinner out 2-3x a week. Which is RIDICULOUS. It's expensive, unhealthy, and one or both of us get frustrated as to "who's turn to pick a place" and we can never decide. We ate out ONCE during the week. Sunday-Friday ONE time! HUGE accomplishment! We had a continuing education class, and had Mexican food during the class. If we hadn't had that, we would have ate something at home! 

Dinners we had: 
Grilled Chicken & veggies on Sunday
Turkey Meatloaf on Monday
Steak on Tuesday
CEU class on Wednesday
Grilled Chicken Parm over spaghetti Thursday
Left over night on Friday

Usually Friday morning we splurge for donuts, NOPE, not this week! And Friday night is usually our Mexican food take out night...NOPE not this week! Today (Saturday) we did keep our routine of Chick Fil A for breakfast before grocery shopping. Then I got so busy cleaning the house & steam cleaning the (playroom) I didn't eat lunch!  Whoops. :-\ You're totally not supposed to "skip meals" when trying to lose weight! Then we had dinner out with my in laws at Golden Corral. I did control myself, somewhat! Ha! 

Jan 1-Jan 31st, I've lost 7lbs & Travis has lost 10lbs. Not bad, and on the right track. I'm only about 13lbs over pre-pregnancy weight at this point. My "goal weight" to be achieved by March is already almost met, so making new goals as appropriate! 

Anyways...life is busy as normal, but there's always time to cook a decent dinner. This little man is getting SO big so quick. 15 months already. Wow. I can't believe I probably need to start looking into themes for a 2nd Birthday Party. Where does time go!? He keeps us busy, he's our pride & joy and just loooove picking Mommies flowers! He's definitely an outdoorsman...and loves to get dirty! 



Until next time....
Tara ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment