Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Week 2, 21 day fix

Hey! So, officially 9 days completed of the 21 day fix! It's going really well for both of us. I weighed in on Friday, we both did...and for once, my results trumped Travis'! I had gone from 218, to 208! TEN lbs, in ONE week. Amazing. While I did the shakeology for breakfasts, I never found one I was "oh so in love with", no matter how I blended, mixed, froze, all were just not for me. So I decided to whip up some scrambled eggs with veggies to get me through the rest of the week until I can try a diff protein drink to weigh my options. Shakes are just faster for me, I can drink it on my way to work or to drop off Corbin at daycare. So we did 3 work outs last week. Shameful, I know. But still saw amazing results! We had my Aunt Sue in from Louisiana, so we did eat out more than we were planning. We plan 1 cheat meal a week...and while we ate out 3x's, we still controlled ourselves...at least I did. haha.

Here's my breakfast, snacks, & lunch for tomorrow. For supper we're going to do ground turkey/beef mix and either do spaghetti with it or make meatballs...something. haha. Below is: Ziti pasta, Grilled Chicken, Squash, Carrots, Cucumbers, Watermelon, Yogurt w/ fresh strawberries, my "omlette", a cliff bar & in the orange container...peanut butter! My after dinner snack for when my sweet tooth kicks in!

I decided on Monday to take my 2nd picture in front of the mirror...wearing the same outfit that now is loser on me. I can totally tell a difference in how my clothes are fitting. All of my athletic shorts are becoming large on me, to the point my husband makes a comment (compliment) every day. I wear uniform scrubs to work...and kind of the "turning point" for me was when my scrubs were tight. Tight to the point of ..."Maybe I shouldn't squat THAT far..." and one of my co-workers has had huge success with the 21 day fix, so I inquired more and ordered the goods. My scrubs are BIG on me. To the point of..."how much tighter will this drawstring REALLY go before my pants just give up & fall to the floor?!" Ok...so maybe not THAT severe...but pretty close. I have SOOOO much more energy. Trust me, when someone sits beside me at lunch with a bag of crunchy cheetos I want to pounce on them like chester...but I know better. I know I'm seeing results, and I know my food is VERY good tasting & good for me, and leaves me feeling hyper/happy/energetic...vs how those "delicious at the moment cheetos" do! that being said...I am already brainstorming our 'cheat meal' this week. I guess it'll depend on the number on the scale. We worked out last night and tonight, last night we did the cardio video, tonight was Yoga. Tomorrow & Thursday we will have to hit the arms/legs again, and my legs are probably STILL sore from those crazy moves last week! BUT it'll be totally worth it in the long run. Here's week 1 picture vs week 2. I will take measurements again at the end of 21 days.


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment