Saturday, November 22, 2014

November Memories

November is one of my favorite months. I love fall in general, but something about November...when Halloween has past, and you're beginning Christmas prepping but still waiting on that Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. We decorated for fall a little early, well, September, so needless to say, I am always eager to put it away this time of year! And like every year in the past...our tree is up...not fully decorated yet, but it's up...and Christmas decor is out! Travis put the lights on the tree, we're waiting for a certain little boy to be awake and help us out tomorrow with hanging ornaments.

So, November. We always do "Thankful 30" right? Well. I'm not doing that this year. I'm thankful for everything just as years past. But recently it was brought to my attention that I am a caring person. I've always known this, but I guess I just really "realize" this now. A few Thanksgivings ago, it was before we were married, so 09 or 10', Travis & I were driving from Port Lavaca to Victoria to his grandparents house. On hwy 87 2 dogs running, dodging cars...one big, one little. Well, my soft big heart saved those two pups. Travis & I hauled them back to Port Lavaca, got them all situated and set up, and proceeded to Victoria for Thanksgiving. My mom & I posted ad's EVERYWHERE and we were beginning to feel hopeless that these 2 dogs would have to go to the pound if their owners wouldn't come forth. What do you know!? The owners saw our ad on channel five advertising and they went back home with their owners!! :D Good deed done! So then fast forward a few years...to last year at this time when I was on maternity leave. A friend of mine posted a pup she saw get dumped. She was a cutie. She took her to the vet but the vet could only keep the pup so long. So I loaded up Corbin & to Port Lavaca we went, we got "Bailey" and brought her back to Victoria, set her up in our garage, and I began searching for her a forever home! A young lady came by and took Bailey, I knew she'd be in great hands...the girl named her Bailey & she is spoiled rotten! Now, this year. Same month...I was taking Corbin to daycare one morning, and there was a small dog dodging 4 lanes of traffic. I stopped, flashers on, pup came right to me. I was relieved at first, fewf, a collar AND a tag! Easy fix, right!? Nope. I dropped Corbin off at daycare, and went to the vets office. Only thing on her tag, was her name. No owner info, no microchip. :( As in previous blog, ya'll know we are a 1 dog family now. So we thought, is this God's way of telling us we need her!? Well, we've decided no. We're not ready, and she's SO hyper! Cute little thing. Anyways, so ad's are posted, and haven't heard a word. We are taking her to the local adopt a pet on Monday if no one claims her. I will miss having her here, but we just can not take on another pet right now, especially with us wanting to expand our human family in the near future.

Speaking of human family...I felt crafty and have been on pinterest WAY too much lately searching for neat Christmas ideas, I made this little charm for Corbin to play with in **hopes** that he keeps his toddler paws off our Christmas tree & my snow village...anyone making wagers on how many broken ornaments or snow village pieces yet!?

I got the idea as said off of pinterest, it's just felt and little charms from the artsy craftsy stuff for Christmas make up ornaments that I slapped some "rough" velro to for them to stick easier.
The felt I got for $3 for a yard, it only took 1/2 yard, and the ornaments were $1.99 ea for 3 packs. The scrap fabric and paper I had already. Simple, and lets home entertaining!



Other than that, not much has been going on. Just trying to complete Christmas shopping and prepare for Thanksgiving! :D We took some pictures last Saturday, mainly for Christmas but to also capture Mr. 1 year old at his best. Here's a sneak peak that our photographer Crystal sent to us! 




Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving week! I've been working quite a bit lately, looking forward to a 4 day weekend with my little guy & family! Gobble till ya'll Wobble.. until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment