Monday, November 3, 2014

We have a ONE year old!

 For starters, I am so upset with myself right now. I had spent a good couple of hours blogging about the updates to the house with a ton of pictures early in Oct...and what did I just do?! Deleted it! Arghhh... Oh well. It's just a blog.

On to important things, we have a ONE year old!? When did this happen! He's such a handsome, smart, and outgoing little man! I would make this post totally picture heavy, but I've been having difficulty with that as well...sigh...

So we had a wonderful birthday party for Mr. Corbin on the 18th of Oct. It was a Safari Zoo theme. I was so consumed with making sure we had enough food, enough seating, enough cupcakes (I made over 5 dozen and had just a handful left) it ended up being more stressful than I was anticipating! I was planning far in advance, ordering things, figuring out what would go where...but it came down to the wire the day of when I was prepping the veggie tray and a knock came on our door...Aunt Sue!? All the way from Gonzales Louisiana to surprise us for Corbin's big First Birthday party! (I must admit, my parents managed to pull it off, the secret of her being here, being as they realllllly almost blew it on multiple occasions (including my mom the morning of the party: "It was a heck of a night, Aunt Sue flipped off the Futon bed"...I say, "Aunt Sue's down!?" And she quickly tries to change the subject saying it was my niece who flipped off the bed...I was just in a hurry to get off the phone to get the house clean I wasn't going to push the subject! So they dropped her off a street away, so they arrived and then 10 mins later she came on in. Great surprise indeed!))

We had a house full. There weren't enough chairs, and the White House wouldn't have been big enough I don't believe! Corbin was blessed to have 2 of his Aunt's (my sisters, Tab & Amy), several of his great Aunt's & Uncles, cousins & friends. He received more than plenty of gifts, to the point we actually contemplated the whole "lets hide this and re-wrap for Christmas!" But we didnt. We just wanted to play with, I mean...him to play with, all his new toys :)


Corbin  is an amazing little boy. He learned to walk just days before he turned 1, and now he's full-fledged toddler mode. He says mama, dada, ki-ki (For kitty), ball, "Doh" for dog, and a bunch of other gibberish we hope to understand one day!

After his party we took off on Sunday for a family vacation. We went to the Kemah boardwalk, Houston Zoo, & Galveston. He really enjoyed the train at Hermann park & feeding Giraffes at the zoo!


Other than that, we've had a lot going on in our busy little lives lately. I just am thankful that I had 5 minutes to jot down these fond memories after filling in his premade baby book, while procrastinating the scrapbook part! This time change is for the birds :)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment