Saturday, November 15, 2014

What have we been up to?

As mentioned in the previous blog, we went on a little family vacation after Corbin's birthday party in Oct. We stayed in Leauge City at a very nice hotel (thank you Hotwire!) and we explored the surrounding areas. We went to Kemah Boardwalk and we had so much fun at the Aquarium restraunt, then played a few carnival type games! 
The next day we ventured downtown to the Houston Zoo! We took a train ride around the park and had a blast at the Zoo, even got to ride the carousel, pet a goat and feed Giraffes! 




Later that day we went to Galveston and had dinner at "the spot", after we had some beach time! Speaking of the Spot...we saw a man walking his dog along the beach as we ate, a familiar looking dog. Big lab, short legs. He was black, where as our Pudge was yellow. We had another opportunity to see him as we were leaving the restraunt and spoke to his owner. Sure enough, Bassett lab. We told him about our Pudge, and how we had to put him down in October, the 1st. We miss Pudge. I know I haven't blogged about him yet, and I don't know if I can without crying. He was like a child to us. He hurt, bad. His back, his legs. He couldn't go as he wished he could anymore, hurt miserably after just walking to the mailbox. And he was aggressive. He had bitten and snapped before, and he went after Corbin a second time and it could have been way worse than it was. We had to make a difficult decision, and took him to the vet and had him put down.
We couldn't risk him hurting someone else, and making him go live his life with anyone else would have made him depressed. We know we gave him a great life, he did a lot in the years we had him. So here's my tribute to Pudge. "Play on in heaven with the other pets we've lost over the years, kiss Nana a big one for us, and chase many squirrels...till we meet again..."
Corbin enjoyed the beach, hated the waves! 

View from the room!

And then Halloween was upon us! We had the day off, so travis and I went furniture shopping and then to Corbin's party at daycare! Once we got home we had fun carving pumpkins before we handed out candy, daddy and Corbin dressed up! We had quite a few trick or treaters this year! It was awesome! 


Speaking of furniture shopping... We finally committed to a new bed. We had been looking for almost a year, but the cost was a detourant since we're trying to pay all extra to student loans. We finally saved though and purchased a King bed! It's a sterns and foster, and it keeps you cool. It's very nice and we haven't had any back aches or restless nights since. We had been on a queen that I purchased before we got married when Trav moved to Amarillo. It was a cheap mattress and it was time for a new one. We didn't want to pay $$$$ for a bedding set. We have my old wooden dresser from eons ago, and a night stand from Travis, then my vanity that I redid from my grandma. So, we went to Pinterest and Lowes, and yet again my handy husband amazed me. I think it looks awesome! We haven't finished buying pillows yet need 2 Euros and 1 King still! We will probably stain the dresser and night stand at some point,
But I haven't even finished painting the dresser I'm re doing for Corbin yet! 
Life has been busy. We have been making more time as a family lately and it's been great. We have made a huge dent in our Christmas shopping thanks to this little helper...

Travis and I are hosting thanksgiving again this year since my Mom is going to be having foot surgery 2 days before thanksgiving. Then quickly approaches our 4th wedding Anniversary. Looking back on the last 4 yrs makes me smile, because since day one (may 30, 2005) we've had goals and a plan... And to watch them all unfold and see Gods plan for us... Amazing! Looking forward to forever more with my amazing husband, loving son, and our wonderful families and friends. Until next time... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment