Thursday, May 9, 2013

13 weeks!

Hello! It's been a "little while" since an update. I figure since sweet baby will be 14 weeks tomorrow, I might as well update for week 13!

A LOT has happened the last week or so. Travis & I always knew our plan...ever since May 30, 2005 when we first started dating, we've had the same mindset and goals. And have been there for each other through thick and thin no matter what!

We found the perfect land for us to build our home on, and raise our family. So we took the giant leap, scary leap...and we are now proud owners of 5 acres! I always told my Grampy when I was a little girl I wanted to be a "cattler"....well, while I might not become a big time cattler on 5 acres, it'll definitely be an adventure with maybe a few goats & chickens :) One day...all in time! And we are very realistic people and anyone who knows us knows that! We don't want a castle...or even the biggest and bestest. Just ours...just us...and made with love :)

So anyways, here's the baby updates! Less than a month till my wonderful husband graduates with his Doctorate's Degree and begins his career in what he LOVES. And I'm so excited and looking forward to celebrating his huge accomplishment in Vegas :)

Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 13 wks 6 days

Size of Baby Smith: The size of a Lemon!
Maternity Clothes: My cousin let me borrow 2 pair of jeans...I haven't tried them on, but I might just have to soon! Little baby is starting to make me pooch...and my jeans officially won't button or zip! Thank goodness for the belly band! Also I bought 2 more dresses recently :)

Gender: Noooo clue! Everyone keeps telling me girl :) We will know soon enough...and as before, as long as he/she is happy & healthy, that is all we could ever ask for.

Names: Secret :)

Getting Ready: We bought land....does that count?!

Movement: I DO feel "flutters" occasionally!

Sleep: Eh. Between my husband crowding me out on my side of the bed, putting his knee/elbow into my side, and having to wake up to go potty at least 2 x a night...sleep is, "Eh"

What I Miss: I realize I will miss Schlitterbahn! But that's okay :) All for a good reason!

Best Moment of the Week:
Finding out our deal on the land went through, and our little baby will grow up in the country like their daddy did! :)

Oh and finding out we had enough "points" to redeem for a free Cirque Du Soleil show! So we get to see "O" and "KA" when we go to Vegas in June! :)

Food Cravings: Ummm...nothing in particular that I normally wouldn't want! Had a pickle snow cone yesterday and today :P yum.

Symptoms: Ugh. Gagging during teeth brushing...and at certain sights. Saliva...and I work in healthcare...enough said. lol. I need to strengthen my stomach and close my eyes more!

Due Date: Oct 24-26thish

Next Dr. Appointment: End of May :)

Daddy: Doing good, being supportive as always!! :) He brought me a dozen pink roses the other day, so sweet :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment