Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving/Black Friday!

Thank God we're back in South Texas this Thanksgiving to spend it with our families first of all!

On Thanksgiving Day Travis & I spent the day in Victoria, we had Thanksgiving Dinner at his Grandma & Grandpa's house, lots of food, family, and fun!





 
 
 
After dinner we went to my in-laws house, we were looking through the black Friday ad's, and after a phone call to my Mom and off we were to Wal Mart! Travis & I waited for said item until 10pm, then we waited in the check out line another hour! Crazy! It was fun, worth it, eh...but fun! By the time we got out of there I was like "ooo lets pull an all nighter!" That changed QUICKLY when I saw the lines to check out of the stores! CRAZY! We went to my in laws, slept a few hours and then up & at em! We had breakfast at ihop, then hit PetSmart up! :) we got some AWESOME deals for our pet kids! Then off to work I went for a couple of hours! Had some Vera Cruz ( YUM! ) and then we came back to Port Lavaca. I ended up taking a 3 hour nap lol.
 
Saturday (today!) we spent the day with my parents. Mom taught me how to make her yummy dressing and how to "properly stuff the bird", and we had it all. Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole and pumpkin, pecan, and apple pie!
 

Mom let me crumble the corn bread & bread :)


My Mom showing me how to "stuff the bird"




Ready to go!

After dinner we played UNO (Dad won!) and then we had fun decorating the "Gingerbread village", kind of a "contest" but not really! It was fun though, we all enjoyed it and hopefully will make it a tradition!














 
Fun times :) Tomorrow is church & then we'll spend the day in Victoria with my in laws. I am looking forward to December! LOTS going on! Dickens on the Strand in Galveston, Boat parade at Kemah Boardwalk, move my husband back HOME for a month, New Orleans for our TWO year anniversary, CHRISTMAS and lots of fun! :) Hope everyone has a safe Holiday Season...I'm sure I'll post more of our happenings before Christmas!






No comments:

Post a Comment