Saturday, December 15, 2012

my week in a nutshell

Since I have some "spare" time (haha!! aka...I don't FEEL like doing anything that I should be doing!) I figured I'd blog a bit about stuff I've completed this week, and part of last week!
 
Work has been slow, which for me being PRN = No hours for me. Financially we are okay, BUT boredom sets in! When I get bored, I bake, when I bake, I eat, ahhhh! Nah, it's not THAT bad. It's acutally kind of nice to be home this time of year, so many projects going on and my husband is home so it's all good :) Prayers that I get hours in January-throughout the year!
 
Anyways. SO, one of my co-workers is having a baby! Well, multiple of them are (it's in the water!) but we had a shower this past Thursday for her. She & her husband chose not to find out the sex until the baby is born, kudos to them, I'm WAY too impatient! Here are the cupcakes I made to go along with the cake they ordered! I tried my best to do uni-sex cupcakes, but man, I sure do LOVE pink stuff so it was hard! The yellow with the "grass" had little cardboard lions (similar to the elephants but I put them on at the last minute since they wouldn't fit with the carrier!) Everyone loved them, and I must say, I'm proud of myself!
 


 
Last week I was crafty-crafty! I broke out the Cricut to work on Christmas cards just to find out that the online craft room was temporarily down!! BOO! And for those who don't know, our bedroom isn't huge, so I had to move everything out of the way to break out my sewing machine and teach myself to sew a button! Wahooo I did it!! I made our dogs some bandanas for Christmas with a button to secure them around their neck! I even MEASURED their necks and got an accurate fit **GO ME!** :) 

 
 
Once the Cricut craft room was opened up and running again, I was a card-making fool! Well, getting them "prepped" anyways, my husband got put to work on helping me decorate and complete them! We only made 20, so we didn't send to as many as last year, but hopefully next year will get an earlier start on them!
 
Since we're preparing for our upcoming anniversary trip to New Orleans, I decided I needed a hair cut (as did my husband, but he's not one for 'mirror' pictures :P) So here I am with 2" cut off the length, relayered & side bangs! Woohoo, feels better! AND I even gave our little Barkley dog a hair cut (his hind legs, feet, ears, tail...he just looks so shaggy when I don't keep up with his haircuts!) and my parents dog Missy got a hair cut as well!

 
As you can see in the above picture, I'm somewhat dressed up. I went to a "Pure Romance" party one of my friends hosted, it was...interesting! LOL! It was a good, fun time with fun people. I get there and one of my bridesmaids, Brett, came walking in with her neighbor! Small world! So we went to dinner after the party, it was nice to visit with good friends :)
 
 
 
Today, Saturday, we decided to hang out in Port Lavaca. Usually we'd go to Victoria and piddle around up there, but we'll be up there for church tomorrow and I had a mountian of laundry to do! We helped out in the back yard. My parents have TONS of plants, and some stuff was just needing to be cleaned up and so we did that! My husband cleaned out behind the shed, organized the wood pieces that just get thrown back there in a hurry, we raked up the leaves, I mowed (what little there was to mow!), and then I tackled the tangerine tree!!! My parents have 2, and they are LOADED. The one closest in picture is the one I pretty much de-tangerined, the other is another story. lol.
 


After I finished, I decided to indulge in one myself, and it was gooooood :) Wish they were seedless, but sooo worth it! My Mom juiced a bunch of them and the juice is quite tasty!
 
OH and how could I forget? When I rolled over at 8am, my husband asked if I wanted to go fishing! We got up and went fishing with my Dad, good news is NO HARD HEADS!! YEAH!! Bad news is, NO keepers :( I caught a pretty red that gave me a little fight, and I caught a drum. My dad caught a drum and my husband caught a red. Too bad no keepers, but now that I FINALLY got my fishing pole back in the salt water I am hooked! :)
 
 
 
Till next time... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment