Monday, December 31, 2012

Resolutions

Dun dun dunnnnnnnn....The moment you've all been waiting for...RESOLUTION time!

With the new year approaching quickly, I've decided I'll jot down my resolutions (the other alternative is to watch the LSU vs Clemson bowl game, and honestly it's not THAT exciting to me)!

So these are in random order, things that I want to work on.

  • Grow in Christ. At our church we are beginning in our daily bible lessons from Genesis so Travis & I are going to begin reading the bible together daily. When he is away on his clinical we will take turns reading over the phone before bed. This will strengthen our marriage and bring us both closer to God.
  • Pray more often. Sure we pray before bed silently, and sometimes I'll request Travis say one aloud for both of us but sometimes we let daily life get in the way and don't do this near enough. We have SO much to be Thankful for.
  • Spend more quality time with loved ones.
  • Be more patient. I get wrapped up sometimes and caught up in drama or everyday things I get very impatient with people who care about me.
  • Be sweet. :) Shouldn't be THAT hard to do, be nice to others MORE often!
  • Exercise & Lose weight. Travis & I are going back on our version of weight watchers. I can't believe it's been over a YEAR since we last did it (we actually LOST weight when we did it just by dieting for a few WEEKS (he lost over 20lbs and I lost right at 15lbs) but we got away from it with all our traveling to New Mexico, Vegas, Christmas of 2011...)
  • Be MOTIVATED to do things I love. Scrapbooking, Sewing, learning more for my job (Therapy wise!), and cake decorating.
  • Become a better wife. Do sweet thoughtful things for my husband throughout the year and show him appreciation for all the kindness, patience, and love he shows me.

These are just some of the ones I can think of off the top of my head.  :)

For those who don't know, I've been battling a serious sinus infection/cold/allergies since Thursday. I went to bed SUPER early a few nights and have a horrid cough and am very stuffy! I can't even hear myself think I'm so stuffy! Bleh! Hopefully I can make it the next 2 hours and ring in the new year. 2013 should be a great year!

In 2013 we have LOTS going on! We actually are going to Travis' cousin's wedding on New Years Day in New Braunfels, Travis turns 27 this year, I turn 26, his brother Curtis & Janessa get married April 6th in New Braunfels, Travis graduates as a Physical Therapist with his Doctorates degree from Texas Tech in May, he takes his state board in July, we're PRAYING we can buy a house in 2013 and much more! :) Just SOME of the exciting things coming in 2013!

We hope 2013 is a great year for all of you who read our blog!
:) Happy New Year!
-Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment