Tuesday, January 8, 2013

So far this year...

Hello 2013! So far it's been great. We rang in New Years together, watched the ball drop on TV and then went to sleep! We did play UNO Roboto with my parents on NYE, which is a FUN game!

New Years Day we went to our cousins wedding, Garrett & Julia in New Braunfels. We had a great time, a little chilly outside for the ceremony but a lovely wedding! Here's some pictures from the fun photo booth!


 
My in laws had fun with it too!
 
 

On the first weekend in the New Year, Travis, my Mom & Dad and I played Electronic Monopoly! Yep, I'm a big kid :) We had fun, Travis won...little stinker!
 
Saturday we headed to New Braunfels with my Mom & Dad in law to help my brother and soon to be sister in law move to their new apartment! I really enjoyed getting to visit with my soon to be sister in law! Can't wait to add her to our growing family officially in just a few short months! They treated us to some yummy BBQ at Rudy's, then we all had a cupcake from Gruene cupcakery, delicious! That's who is providing their cupcakes for their wedding! yum! Then on our way back home my in laws & us stopped and had supper at Clear Springs! So needless to say....my diet did NOT go good on Saturday! LOL!
 
Sunday was SO bittersweet. Travis & I headed to San Antonio with the RV and got him all set up for his THIRD clinical! I HATE that I got to have him home for a whole month, just to have to do the long-distance during the week thing AGAIN. BUT this is the LAST time, LAST time ever! YAY! I spent the night and let me tell you....it was C-O-L-D!!!! We woke up at 1am FREEZING! He turned the heat on, and the space heater and it took forever for me to warm up! He's at a very nice RV park and so far is liking his clinical! :)
 
On to some other things. As most of you know, we are the ones who pick up change if we find it on the floor (laugh all you want...but it adds up! :) AND Travis has found $5, and $1 recently on the ground!) also we would watch for good items in the dumpster. No not groceries or anything like that, but GOOD stuff that people just chunk! In Amarillo we found quite a few good deals, even an ice chest that simply needed a hinge,so Trav fixed it, and actually NOW that he had some time he made a wooden chest for it out of pallet wood! I'll post pictures next time.
 
The most RECENT and most lucrative was this...
 
My parents neighbors were THROWING this away!! It's a perfectly good gas stove. Travis worked hard to get it in clean looking shape, it works great. I listed it on craigslist & classifieds and BOOM! Sold :) $300!! Just took some time of Travis' to clean it, and mine to post it & meet with the people.
 
Also we've been doing good with weight watchers, well, the way we do it where we have so many points for the day. Also been doing the "squat challenge" and "push up challenge" :) My thighs BURN but I'm seeing a difference.
 
Also going to start the 52 wk money challenge! But I think I will do it in random order, on weeks when money is available do a larger amount and just mark it out as done  and weeks when it's tight just put one of the lower amounts! :)
 
Anyways, this is LONG enough. Sorry about the pictures being huge, it's being dumb tonight!
Later! :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment