Thursday, January 31, 2013

Goodbye January

So since the previous blogs have been picture-less I decided I'd upload a few/send some from my i-pod. :) I decided to put away summer stuff & get out more winterish stuff recently (why, I don't know...winter is almost over for us south Texans!) But I discovered I'd collected ELEVEN scarves while in Amarillo! I guess one day I may use them again :)
 
 
 Then I FINALLY got organized, kind of! We collect the pressed pennies anywhere we go, sometimes we get more than one if there was a special meaning (IE: We have like 10 from Disney!) And we put them all in a special book made for them! It's pretty awesome & cheap souviners! Also we started collecting "pins" when we take a lot of pictures somewhere. Granted, in NOLA we didn't take THAT many pictures, but we liked the crawfish :) These pins are on our camera bag strap!
 
 
Some pretty spring-ish flowers from my wonderful husband when he came home from San Antonio a few weekends ago :)


Just ME...in a cute dress I got a Bealls for just $10! :) It's not the BEST picture, but it's a cute dress indeed. I also got 2 long dresses at Ross for $7.99 each (wore won this past weekend to my friends Pure Romance party & dinner with my family) and they will BOTH be perfect for Vegas :) OH & I also got a super cute light purple with navy overlay dress for my brother in law's wedding in April!
 
NOW....the main pictures I wanted to upload today! I didn't have to work today & I was just telling Travis last night that the next time I have all day off I'd like to decorate a cake! It's time consuming to make the cake, let it cool, make up all your icing & dye it the colors you want, decide what you want to do, ect. But this is what I came up with! I was excited because my cake stayed together and my icing was perfect consistency for EVERYTHING (IE:No crumbs in the icing that covered the cake!) 







 
The cake is white cake & the icing is buttercream. :) I think my roses & my shell border came out great, but I like my little beeeee too :)
 
Anyways...not too much else exciting going on as we leave January & enter February! February will be a FUN month! Looking forward to going to the Superbowl @ my in-laws on Sunday, San Antonio next weekend for Mardi Gras on the Riverwalk, Dierks Bentley & Justin Moore @ the San Antonio Rodeo, Valentine's Day, my hubby's 27th Birthday, and well, that's busy enough! :P
 



No comments:

Post a Comment