Sunday, January 20, 2013

Jewelry Holder

So after being on Pinterest for a while I saw a bunch of different ways to make jewelry holders, so I combined a few ideas, brainstormed at Hobby Lobby and this is what I came up with!
 
 
I got a red frame ($20, but it was 1/2 off, so $10) and I picked out knobs to coordinate ($3.99 ea but 1/2 off, about $1.50 ea)
 
My husband drilled the holes for me in the frame and we applied the knobs!
 
 
Here are all of my supplies before I get started on "my part" of this project!
-Hot Glue Gun
-Ribbon (whatever kind/however much you want! Watch for sales at Hobby Lobby, they usually go 1/2 off every few weeks!)
-plastic grid from the sewing/yarn section ($0.59, but was 30% off!)

 
 
I cut a piece of ribbon to go over the plastic grid, for my stud earrings to hang on with no fear of them falling/slipping through the grid.
 
Then cut the plastic grid to fit the frame, hot glue it to the frame.
 
Then my husband drilled 2 more holes in the top for my color coordinating ribbon to go so I could hang it up!
 
That's it! :)



 
 
My total cost was right at $22, it's a great easy project for a gift of just to keep for yourself to make life easier to get to your jewelry! I have mine hanging on the shelf where I keep a little dish for my wedding rings, it'll be nice to get all my jewelry on here and out of the box that it's been in! I have a vanity but it's in storage, so no place for my jewelry to go! This is the perfect solution!
 
:)
-Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment