Thursday, January 17, 2013

How Rude!

A quick blog about 2 recent occasions RECENTLY where I just want to look at the person and go "SERIOUSLY!?"

Yesterday was my amazing Mother's 66th Birthday. I did the usual, made her a pretty card, gave her a gift card to go shopping, bought her some flowers, then Dad, Mom & I went to Red Lobster in Victoria for her Birthday dinner.

We ate at Red Lobster in December with my Mom, Dad, and my Mom & Dad in law and the customer service was excellent, food was amazing, and the company was even better, but back to the service...it was GOOD!

Yesterday however, quite the opposite. When we arrived (mind you, this was mid-afternoon, 3pm-ish, so not rush hour busy) We sat down, the lady came by and introduced herself and said she'd be back briefly for our drinks.

When she brought our drinks, she had 2 Bithday desserts for the table behind us, an elderly lady and her daughter it looked like, so being me, I turned around and wished them a Happy Birthday, as did my Mom. Then I told them it was my Mom's birthday too, and at that time our waitress was right there and I told her she had a group of birthdays, that it was my Mom's birthday. She replied.

We ordered our appetizer, then she came back and took our meal order. Mom wanted soup (it was quite cold in the resturaunt & outside!), she brings our salad and NO soup. Ok, so she goes to the table beside us and spends forever just chit-chatting, I remind her of the soup. She brings something else out to another table, I remind her AGAIN. She brings it finally. Then our apps come out, and then our meals.

She sets our meals down (Mom & Dad both had stuffed flounder, I had shrimp), Mom's came with a little container of ketchup, that's it. So Mom asked her "Can we get some tartar sauce and ketchup?" and the girl replied "WELL, there's ketchup RIGHT there" (pointing to the SMALL container on Mom's plate) And I had also asked for more rolls.

We wait, she greets another table, brings to-go boxes out to the table right beside us, delivers our bread. I remind her AGAIN of the ketchup and tartar sauce. She goes to the table behind us who requested napkins, she goes to the back and comes out with napkins, I was staring her down, she noticed me goes "UGH" and turned around and went and got the sauces. By this time my Dad had already eaten one of his filets and Mom's was getting cold.

REALLY!? This girl needed a wake up call. I was TWO seconds from calling a manager, but I DID NOT want to make a scene, esp on my Mom's birthday! Then she tried to act all sweet (Uh HUH...TRY to make up so she gets that tip!) Well, she took FOR-EV-ER to bring the check. Once she did I already had the gift card and debit card ready to go.

NO birthday ice cream for my Mom. REALLY!? I wasn't going to ask for it because I had already had to remind her about EVERYTHING and I figured the ONE thing she could do right, knowing it's my Mom's birthday because she had acknowledged it earlier, was bring her ice cream. Nope. We DID leave a good tip still, I'm sure in her eyes it wasn't amazing, but in my eyes she should have paid us for the way she treated not only us with her lack of customer service but her surrounding tables as well.

On our way out the precious hostess ran to open the door for us, and as I walked out I graciously Thanked her and the Nana in me came out and said "Thanks!! That was the NICEST thing that's happened to us all night here!" :) And of course I smiled. I told Mom, that'll make her wonder. haha.


THEN. OK, so I did have a good evening, but this is my rants! SO back to TODAY.

My car needed an oil change, and when in Port Lavaca, I guess you don't have many options other than the dealership (which I may never go to again due to previous experiences) and wal mart (whom after today I vow not to go to!)

I dropped it off, and usually they have someone come out to your car to get your info, NOT today. I walked in, no big deal, I don't mind. I get in there and the lady behind the register and one of the mechanics are shooting the breeze, I stood there for at least a FULL minute-2 minutes waiting to be acknowledged!! Once I was she acted like "OH, there's someone out there who will come to your car", WELL, after waiting for 5 minutes in my car and deciding to go in I tell her, no one is out there. So with attitude she grabs some paper and a pen and writes down my info. I tell her I don't want synthetic oil, just the basic this time (I have done this before...when I don't feel like paying $50 for an oil change considering I have to get them about once every month and a half!)

THEN Dad and I were headed back to the house (he followed me so I didn't have to wait at Wal Mart) the mechanic called me, NOT from Wal Mart's number but a cell phone number, and is like "Uh, you know that we don't recommend switching from synthetic to penzoil, right?" I said "well, my car has been acting funny and the oil is the only thing different and so I figure I'll try regular good ole' oil again and see if that fixes the problem", he said "Well, it's not recommended that you do that". I say, "And it's recommended that I switch from Regular to Synthetic in the first place?" He had no response. I tell him "Just put REGULAR oil in my car, if I have issues I will go to the dealership (knowing darn good and well I won't do that either). UGH. Really people.

I'm not paying $50 for a WAL MART quality oil change. Mind you, when my husband took his car up there recently and paid for the one that they fill up your levels, they didn't even fill up his washer fluid because "their pump was broke". Really?!
Errrrr.



No comments:

Post a Comment