Saturday, January 19, 2013

New Years Resolution UPDATE & more :)

So how is everyone doing with their New Years Resolutions? We are now 19 days into the New 2013, can you believe it!?

We are doing GOOD with our resolutions!

We started our "eating better/less" after Christmas Day. Honestly, you should NEVER get on a scale on Christmas day after you've been on a vacation recently to New Orleans, and been at home while your Mom makes all kinds of home-made deliciousness! PLUS I took a cake decorating class in November! So anyways, neither of us liked the number we saw, the way we felt or anything so we decided to change it.

We opted to not do any "fad diets", you know...clean eating, fasting, liquid, vegtable, fruit...ect. The type of diets that are miserable, you can't enjoy foods you love, therefore it'll only last so long.

We did "Weight Watchers" in 2011, one of Travis' classmates (THANK GOD!) shared her secret with us about buying the "Complete Food List" weight watchers book, download a free food calc app on our "I-pod", and calculate how many points we're allowed on this site:
http://www.healthyweightforum.org/eng/calculators/ww-points-allowed/

So when you go to that site, you'll figure out how many points you're allowed in a day. Mine is 29. I don't add back points that I've eaten if I work out, it is what it is. Most all fresh fruit/vegtables are 'free' and cost 0 points. Also the way we do it, instead of having "bonus points" we "cheat" on the weekends. We still watch what we eat, but don't stick to the points. It's our cheat time! :)

When we did it in 2011 it really worked for us, we began to cook/eat less and healthier, make better options when eating out and share entrees. Then we were on the go, skiing, Vegas, New Mexico, home frequently, ect. so we lost track of it!

SO back to my New Years Resolutions...I made certain ones for 'me' and certain ones in a blog. My "me" ones include losing weight and getting much healthier before my 26th Birthday! (which is April 3rd, and so if I can lose some lbs and look better by then, I'll be excited because my brother in law is getting married the weekend after my birthday!)

Most people are ashamed of their weight, and honestly no one thinks I am this "stout" when I tell them my weight. BUT here ya go!

Christmas DAY:
Tara-211lbs
Travis-243lbs

New Years Weigh in week one:
Tara-207.6lbs
Travis-241.6lbs

I'll skip week 2, so here's our CURRENT weight as of today's weigh in:
Tara-201.4lbs
Travis-234.0lbs

We're also doing a "Squat Challenge" and "Push-Up Challenge" and we've both EACH done:
1120 SQUATS so far this year
322 PUSH UPS so far this year!

So we're doing good in that respect :)

Also I'm doing pretty good with the "Birthday remembering"! I need to get a few more immediate family members on the calendar and get busy with the Cricut making cards! :)

Travis just finished week TWO of his clinical, so only SIX more weeks of him being in San Antonio!! During that time we are going to TWO Rodeo performances; Dierks Bentley & Justin Moore! Also plan on going to the Riverwalk during "Mardi Gras"! I'm looking forward to it!

AND dun dun dunnnnnnn....BIG announcement....

WE'RE GOING TO LAS VEGAS!!! Yep! June 3-6th! I could NOT pass up this deal. We keep getting offers from the Mirage where we stayed when we went in 2011, and they sent me an offer for 3 free nights, AND $200 in comps (food, shows, anything you can charge to the room you can comp!) So all we have to pay for is our plane tickets (which, if we book SOON it'll be around $400 for BOTH of us round trip) and our gamble/fun money. And 5 months is plenty of time to re-build our "change jar" that we have been filling up annually since we started dating for our "fun trips". The most we had in there was over $1800, that was what we had saved for when we went to Vegas!

This trip will be a great graduation trip for my husband! Plus this time we'll get to check out the awesome pools at the hotel! (We went in Dec. last time!) And we've done a lot of tour-isty things so we can take in some different stuff we didn't have time for last time! My goal for Vegas: Be comfortable in a bathing suit again, AND pull an "ALL NIGHTER" to see some of the crazies on the strip! :)

Happy weekend all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment